Google is now officially rebranding its Webmaster as Google Search Essentials. Google Search Essentials will now be the simplified and better version of Google Webmaster. The main motive of this update is to move away from the term “Webmaster”. Google has mentioned that “Webmaster” is an outdated term, and it doesn’t include all creators who want to see their content ranking in the search results.
In 2002 we launched a page with a set of guidelines for site owners that gave an overview of best practices when it came to building a site. A lot has changed since then, so today we’re launching a refreshed, simplified version of the Webmaster Guidelines:https://t.co/0xXAcwDHSI pic.twitter.com/QotRXJLieT
— Google Search Central (@googlesearchc) October 13, 2022
Google Search Essentials presents three main categories:
A new category that will help creators better understand the technical requirements for uploading content. The technical requirements are;
- Make sure the page does not have any errors, and it works properly
- The page should contain content that can be indexed by Google.
- Make sure Googlebot is not blocked.
Creators can take the help of this category to produce content in a format that google can easily access and index.
Key Best Practices
Creators can use the guidelines published by google in this category to create content that can be easily found in the search results. These guidelines can be very helpful for new users. The guidelines in this category are as follows:
- Use potential keywords that people will search on google and place them appropriately in titles and text.
- Make links easy to crawl.
- Creating helpful content that people want to see.
- If you have content on your site that you don’t want people to find on Google Search, block it from Google’s crawlers.
This category will assist content creators in avoiding their content getting red-flagged by Google. Spam policies include all actions that lead to sites getting ranked lower or de-indexed. Google has said that most of the points in spam policies were already present in the “Quality Guidelines” section of Google Search Central.
Want to improve your website ranking? Digitrix Media has got you covered! Get high-quality SEO and content marketing services and boost the online presence of your business.